This Tuesday I would like to introduce Donna Spangler she recently became a member of Divapreneur. She graciously accepted my offer to let me interview her for my Tuesday Jewelry designer blog.
Sparkles ‘N’ Eccentrics
1. Nothing really inspired me to start creating jewelry. I didnt plan on starting the jewelry making. It just happened when I went to buy some beads and stuff to start a hobby with my stepdaughters. The funny thing is that we never got time to make any together. They are always too busy with their activities. Once I started making some designs, I was hooked. I ate, slept, dreamed, and lived for making more. I never had any lessons, so it must have been inside me all along. I couldnt quit making up designs.
2. Ive been making money for my jewelry designs since last April or May. I had to stop making everything when my daughter decided to get married. There wasnt enough time for anything but wedding stuff until after the wedding.
Is jewelry designing your only business?
3. No, jewelry design isnt my only business. I teach piano, and have taught for over 20 years. Before that, I painted clothes, and did faux painting on peoples homes.
Do you ever get in a slump in your creativity?
4. Yes, I do get in a slump sometimes. I just put it down for a while to give my mind time to refresh, and in a few days Im itching to start again.
5. I normally sell my designs in Drs offices,banks,offices,schools, craft fairs, and anywhere else that Im given permission to. I havent yet sold any off of my blog, and need to find out what to do about that.
Do you have a blog?
6. Yes, I have a blog.
What is the name of your blog?
7. My blog is sparklesnecc.blogspot.com. Its under changing, and not active at this moment. But, will be late this week.
Do you have a website?
8. No. I dont have a website.
Where do you advertise other than your website and blog?
9. I dont advertise anywhere else. Maybe some great hints from other Divas?????
What are your future plans?
10. My future plans are to get a blog or website going where I actually do sell my designs.
Please stop by Donna’s blog and show your support. Or send her a comment on Divapreneur.
Look forward to next Tuesday I’ll be interview Staci Caporuscio. If you’re a jewelry designer and would like to plug your business on my blog. Send me an email.